So today I turned 18.
This is how my first day of being 18 started:
I woke up at about 1.30AM and opened my eyes to a bottle of half finished watermelon juice that I left next to me in bed before accidentally falling asleep. Oh and then I got up & went to the loo.
Upon doing my business I started giggling about how I was 18.
Then I remembered that I was born at about 9AM on May 7, so technically I wasn't 18 yet.
I'm like my own kill-joy.
I couldn't sleep after brushing my teeth.
Eventually I did.
I briefly remember waking up in the morning to my Mum wishing me happy birthday.
I also remember receiving a red envelope with money inside. I put it next to my pillow & it's still there.
Upon waking up for the third time that morning, I was officially and legitimately 18! 8)
And the first thing I did was buy + download the Camera+ app, which is brilliant.
The second thing I did was open my DS (HAHA) 'cause I've never turned it on on my birthday.
Seeing as it asks for your birthday, I figured it'd do something special.
The 'special' thing was making a higher pitched noise when turning it on, rather than the normal one. Honestly, I thought it was an error HAHA.
Also, this NPC in Pokemon Black wished me a happy birthday. So did the Pokemon Centre lady.
Maaan, Pokemon's evolved.
That was not meant to be a pun.
So yeah! Basically I spent my day happily doing jack all.
Which, apart from drawing, is another thing I absolutely love doing.
I didn't draw today.
When Mum, Dad and my sister got home, we had dinner.
Dinner was a whole lot of Viet food and Chinese food.
I can't really say what it was 'cause my Viet is dodgy but it was one of my favourite dishes.
Eeeh I love my Mum. C:
And then I went to church.
After church, I read all four latest chapters of 'Yankee-kun to Megane-chan,' one of my all time favourite manga. Then I read the latest Bakuman Chapter 130 and found myself somewhat relating to the protagonist.
Somewhat.
My cake was a big circle, cream and fruit cake (with durian in the middle) featuring..

Elizabeth from the series Gintama!

Apparently the cake shop ladies said it looked really cute HAHA. I don't blame them!
I chose the design myself, after recently getting back into Gintama & remembering how much I loved it.
So here is my cake, untouched:

Here is it with candles: (I blew them all out in one go)

And here was the piece I ate:

Elizabeeeeeeth!
I'm actually starting to like my full name a bit better, HAHA.
'Cause it always reminds me of this character~
Speaking of which, the nickname 'Liz' was not something I chose myself.
(Well, apart from Elizabeth always being associated with Liz.)
I've been called variations of the name Elizabeth;
Liz, Eli, Beth (the latter, rarely).
And recently I've been thinking, wouldn't something like
'Elle'
sound better than the above?
'Cause I mean, it is legit!
But today, I thought, who cares?
Basically everybody calls me some variation of my name & I'm happy.
So before coming & blogging here, I sent a ton of personal FB wall posts to all who wished me happy birthday.
I honestly didn't mean to, but I think I somewhat spammed everybody's newfeed or home page or whatever they call it. D:
(I also think that's how some peeps found out about my birthday, hahahah.)
And one of the highlights of my day was having my good buddy Katie change her FB profile picture to a picture of Moses, just for me.

She then later changed her surname to McMoses, upon my request.
How bloody awesome is that? :p
Anyways, I think that sums up my day!
One would think it was pretty non eventful and totally boring
BUT
I felt awesome,
I felt free &
I had a blast.
And that's all that matters. 8D
Now I have to sleep soon to wake up & do that pile of work staring at me.
I told you I'm my own kill-joy. :p
___
Many thanks once again to all those who wished me a happy birthday!
You guys are great!
This is how my first day of being 18 started:
I woke up at about 1.30AM and opened my eyes to a bottle of half finished watermelon juice that I left next to me in bed before accidentally falling asleep. Oh and then I got up & went to the loo.
Upon doing my business I started giggling about how I was 18.
Then I remembered that I was born at about 9AM on May 7, so technically I wasn't 18 yet.
I'm like my own kill-joy.
I couldn't sleep after brushing my teeth.
Eventually I did.
I briefly remember waking up in the morning to my Mum wishing me happy birthday.
I also remember receiving a red envelope with money inside. I put it next to my pillow & it's still there.
Upon waking up for the third time that morning, I was officially and legitimately 18! 8)
And the first thing I did was buy + download the Camera+ app, which is brilliant.
The second thing I did was open my DS (HAHA) 'cause I've never turned it on on my birthday.
Seeing as it asks for your birthday, I figured it'd do something special.
The 'special' thing was making a higher pitched noise when turning it on, rather than the normal one. Honestly, I thought it was an error HAHA.
Also, this NPC in Pokemon Black wished me a happy birthday. So did the Pokemon Centre lady.
Maaan, Pokemon's evolved.
That was not meant to be a pun.
So yeah! Basically I spent my day happily doing jack all.
Which, apart from drawing, is another thing I absolutely love doing.
I didn't draw today.
When Mum, Dad and my sister got home, we had dinner.
Dinner was a whole lot of Viet food and Chinese food.
I can't really say what it was 'cause my Viet is dodgy but it was one of my favourite dishes.
Eeeh I love my Mum. C:
And then I went to church.
After church, I read all four latest chapters of 'Yankee-kun to Megane-chan,' one of my all time favourite manga. Then I read the latest Bakuman Chapter 130 and found myself somewhat relating to the protagonist.
Somewhat.
My cake was a big circle, cream and fruit cake (with durian in the middle) featuring..

Elizabeth from the series Gintama!

Apparently the cake shop ladies said it looked really cute HAHA. I don't blame them!
I chose the design myself, after recently getting back into Gintama & remembering how much I loved it.
So here is my cake, untouched:
Here is it with candles: (I blew them all out in one go)
And here was the piece I ate:
Elizabeeeeeeth!
I'm actually starting to like my full name a bit better, HAHA.
'Cause it always reminds me of this character~
Speaking of which, the nickname 'Liz' was not something I chose myself.
(Well, apart from Elizabeth always being associated with Liz.)
I've been called variations of the name Elizabeth;
Liz, Eli, Beth (the latter, rarely).
And recently I've been thinking, wouldn't something like
'Elle'
sound better than the above?
'Cause I mean, it is legit!
But today, I thought, who cares?
Basically everybody calls me some variation of my name & I'm happy.
So before coming & blogging here, I sent a ton of personal FB wall posts to all who wished me happy birthday.
I honestly didn't mean to, but I think I somewhat spammed everybody's newfeed or home page or whatever they call it. D:
(I also think that's how some peeps found out about my birthday, hahahah.)
And one of the highlights of my day was having my good buddy Katie change her FB profile picture to a picture of Moses, just for me.

She then later changed her surname to McMoses, upon my request.
How bloody awesome is that? :p
Anyways, I think that sums up my day!
One would think it was pretty non eventful and totally boring
BUT
I felt awesome,
I felt free &
I had a blast.
And that's all that matters. 8D
Now I have to sleep soon to wake up & do that pile of work staring at me.
I told you I'm my own kill-joy. :p
___
Many thanks once again to all those who wished me a happy birthday!
You guys are great!

Yay! Sounds like you had an awesome and relaxed day!:D SORRY I didn't reply - I've ran out of credit again(?!)=.=
ReplyDeleteI thought that duck was your own design D:
HAHAHA you still sound so childish!:D Stay that way! <3
HAHA Jeannnnn stop running out of credit!
ReplyDeleteCome join me on Vodafone, where $30 credit gives you a whole heap of free stuff and a long time to use it!
Kekeke, & I don't plan to change how I am. 8)
a few hrs late but hbd!! aww sounds like an awesome time you had, doing the stuff you like haha :D
ReplyDeletexx.
HAHAHAHAHA @ 'I'm like my own kill-joy.' I love you Liz (:
ReplyDeleteLOL you have such an awesome cake (:
ReplyDeletehaha no worries ^^ yea i'm totally rubbing the gentlemanly thing in some of guy friends' faces LOL. long time reader actually!! it's just that i usually read from a feed ;) your drawings are so awesome!!
ReplyDeletesisi xx.