I think best on the toilet.
I also get epiphanies in the shower.
Blogging since August, 2009.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

First week, done.

I decided to do a little blog about my first week of uni so that in about 5 years time I can look back and laugh at myself. (Hey, 22 year old Liz, quit laughing at 17 year old Liz.)

Well, first of all.. So far:
Parra > Werrington South (Penrith)

Second of all.. So far:
Law lessons > Communication Arts lessons

Thirdly:
First impressions of people in Law > First impressions of people in Communication.

Fourthly.. At the moment:
I will GLADLY accompany any friend who wishes to go to Connect Books at Parra.
8D

___

First day of Uni:
MONDAY- UWS PARRA


Arrived at around 11:45AM to go on a library tour with Jean. I met up with Jean who was already in the library AND who already went on a library tour. (8D;; ) We talked for a while about random shit & now that I think about it, I think my voice is actually rather loud when I'm talking to comfortable people in comfortable environments. (Due to the looks the 'ASK US' dude kept giving me. [Which is kinda bad.])
Library tour was pretty boring. For some reason I kept ending up RIGHT IN FRONT of the librarian when she was talking. Not good. Though I have to admit, it was kinda informative until the end when Jean, Neha (who I met at Law camp) and I had to take off for Torts seminar.
I don't know but I actually found the Torts seminar interesting. Or maybe I was just being good-student-on-first-day/week-attentive.

Second day of Uni:

TUESDAY - UWS WERRINGTON (PENRITH)

Arrived at around 12ish to look for my Advertising readings book. Effort was in vain.
Walked into the lecture theatre and sat next to this gentle looking girl. I remembered that I forgot to intro myself. However, time had already carried itself into that 'it'd-be-too-awkward-to-introduce-yourself-now,-dumbass' stage. Fuck!
Walked out 40minutes later feeling like I really didn't need to attend that lecture.
No tutes this week. But next week, I gotta find a PARTNER for some major research project thing. Oh lordy, I hate partnering up with somebody I barely know. Hopefully I manage to pair up with a nice and co-operative person..

Third day of Uni:
WEDNESDAY - UWS WERRINGTON (PENRITH)

Lecture seemed a bit fast for my liking though it was pretty alright. I sat next to these two Chinese girls (well, with one seat separating us) but I didn't think it'd feel so comfy trying to get into their circle so I just sat there & stayed quiet. While they were speaking in Chinese to each other.
Afterwards, I went to the tutorial (which I arranged to be straight after my lecture). First thing we did in class was do that 'intro yourself to another person' thing & that's how I met my first Comm. Arts friend (?) Edwin.

Fourth day of Uni:
THURSDAY - UWS PARRA
Since I started at 9AM, I thought it'd be great to get out of the house & drive there at 8.40ish. Heh.
I walked into class about 5 minutes late (not good for first impression), though luckily the tutor didn't really care. There were about 5 others who came in after me. Thanuja minded me a seat & basically we went through the unit outline, the law librarian spoke to us for a bit & then we watched this film about this Aboriginal dude called Max who was falsely accused of raping & murdering some 9YO white girl. Film was set in early Australia. Was quite saddening.
I stood around after class & saw Sahana (chick I befriended at Law camp) walking past.
Also met up with Jean shortly after class & let Thanuja run off to her Arts tutorial. We went to get some free shit with Tanita (friend from Law camp) and her Arts friend. At 1PM, Jean went to a bible study group (teehee) so I went to sit in some air-conned corridor. While walking there, I met Tejni (another friend at Law camp) who was going to get books... And then I turned around saw the amazing person with the nice voice & eyes in the bookshop.

Yeah, looking back one might say that he looked like just your average early 20's dude.
Hahahaha.
___

Alright, better get back to work now!
Laters.

1 comment:

  1. Bumped into your mum today on the way home haha. Hope you're having fun with law (: Lets catch up sometime if you have days / arvos off (:

    ReplyDelete